Why should you apply for the education fund for your studies at INSEAD?
After completing your studies you can design your career and plan your life without regard to a fixed credit burden and bills of debt.
In addition, it does not matter whether a world trip, parental leave and/or the founding of a new company are ahead.
As soon as your gross income falls below € 30,000, the obligation of payment is postponed.
Repayment is coupled individually to your future gross income and adapts itself to your personal solvency. Whoever earns little, also pays back less.
Your payback begins always only from a gross income amount of € 30,000.
The Generation Contract is also adaptable to the amount of financial support. You decide how much support you need.
During studies and in the payback phase, you remain financially secure. The payments are made only at the time in which you have sufficient financial means.
As soon as you have no income, or it is lower than the minimum income level, the obligation of payment is cancelled for that year.
The risk of a fixed credit charge is excluded with the Generation Contract since there is no rigid repayment plan.
The repayments adapt themselves to your economic situation. A disproportionate charge on your income is not possible.
Repayment is limited to a maximum, so that you yourself are not disproportionately charged in the case of an above-average salary.
# SOLIDARITY PRINCIPLE:
The income dependent repayments contain a solidarity contribution to compensate own financial “squeezes” and those of fellow students.
In addition, this support remains accessible to future students.
In this way, you are giving back a small share of what you have achieved through your INSEAD studies.
The model is independent and combinable with other study financing possibilities (grant, scholarship, etc.).
Guarantors or securities are not necessary. Motivation and personality are the most important criteria. It`s you who counts!
# NO CURRENCY RISK:
The income share you pay back will stay the same irrespectively in which currency you earn your salary.
The official exchange rate at the date of the annual invoice will be used to calculate the Euro amount.
So, if you transfer the payment at the same date to our bank account there will be no currency risk.
- You can apply for up to 100% of the INSEAD tuition fees for all programs
- The minimum amount is € 10,000
- Payments are made directly to INSEAD
- If you receive a scholarship, you can apply for living costs
How will I receive an individual offer?
Simpy send us your documents (CV, transcripts, proof of income, proof of residency/address, admission letter).
Additionally, please mention the funding amount you need. Your individual terms and conditions will be based on the amount as well as your other information. For further information, please visit: INSEAD Education Fund
Send your documents to: email@example.com
How does repayment of the generation contract work?
Based on your annual income the annual payment will be set depending on your individual income share. Preliminary payments are made on a monthly basis.
How long is the grace period?
The contract has no fixed date for the end of the grace period. Your grace period will last until the day you find a job after graduation and your actual income is above the minimum income.
Example 1: calculation for regular case
- Funding amount: € 40,000
- Assumption for individual income share: 4 % annually
- Student will double his income within 10 years, 1-year grace period after graduation and one grace period in year 5 for individual leave (travel/parental)
- Total repayment € 57,946, roughly 1.45 the funding amount
- Average monthly rate € 483. The rate will depend on your actual income and start in the example at € 333 and end at € 666
- Effective interest rate: ~5,0% p.a., the Generation Contract is no loan, so a hypothetical interest rate can only be calculated once the contract has ended.
Example 2: calculation for successful case:
- Funding amount: € 40,000
- Assumption for individual income share: 4% annually
- Student will increase his income by factor 3.5 within 10 years, 1-year grace period
- Total repayment € 80,000, 2.0 times the funding amount
- Average monthly rate € 667. The rate will depend on your actual income and start in the example at € 333 and end at € 1,071
- Effective interest rate: ~10.4% p.a., the Generation Contract is no loan, so a hypothetical interest rate can be only calculated once the contract has ended
- If the student will increase his income by more than 3.5 times of current income, repayment stops at twice the funding amount adjusted to inflation (German inflation rates).
In such a case the repayment obligation stops before contractual 10 payment years.